We Are Harvest Church!
Harvest Church began with a vision to be a church for people who have given up on church or who feel that the church has given up on them.
We believe there are a lot of people in Southern Illinois who have just given up on the idea of church...whether it is the person who has never been to church and gave up before they ever even tried it....or the person who has been to church, but was hurt and gave up...or even the person who has been thinking that Christianity ought to be more than just a "Sunday morning experience".
We want to be a church for those people and our mission is to simply Love God & Love People.
Church can get really complicated. Our belief is that it should be simple.
Concentrate on the important stuff and don’t make it hard for people to fit in.
Thank you for browsing our website. We invite you to join us and see
that a church can be a place where you do belong.
Come and See!
• Biblical Authority: God has spoken to us through the Bible and we recognize it as the final authority for our lives.
• Intimacy with God: God desires an intimate relationship with each of us.
• Relevant Environments: Only God can change lives. We can create an environment designed to effectively allow people to connect with Him.
• Relational Evangelism: God's message of forgiveness through Christ is most effectively conveyed within the context of personal relationships
• Authentic Community: Accountability, belonging, care, and spiritual growth happen best with relationally-connected believers.
• Strategic Service: God wants us to use our gifts to impact our community through hands-on ministry.
• Intentional Discipleship: We are responsible to pass along to others the knowledge, skills, and opportunities that have been entrusted to us.
Preaching, Biblical theology and the Gospel, conversion, evangelism...learn more about our philosophy and what we believe are the pillars of a healthy new testament church![click here]
Pastoral Staff Leadership
Vision & Teaching Pastor
Family & Worship Pastor
Servant Teams Ministry
Dr. John Casper
Life Groups Ministry
Children & Students Ministries
"And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord." ~ Psalm 40: 3
At Harvest Church SI, we strive for our worship gatherings to be uplifting and encouraging – but even more than that, we seek to honor God as the center of our worship, and to invite others into His presence. Worship is not about us or how we feel, about whether or not we liked the songs that were chosen, or about whether or not the sermon really made an impression on us; it has everything to do with our response to God for His saving love and faithfulness. We don't try to be flashy or become the "next big thing" -- rather, we strive for genuineness as a broken people trying to become more like our perfect Savior, day by day.
Another important aspect to recognize about worship is that the word "worship" is a verb. It's not a noun. It's not a place, it's not an event, it's not a concert or a show. Worship begins with our public gatherings each Sunday, and then continues throughout the rest of the week, as we seek to live as disciples of Jesus Christ. It offers us opportunities to be transparent with each other and to show complete and total adoration and surrender to our heavenly Father.
Whether in the midst of joy or sorrow, our heavenly Father welcomes us into His presence just as we are. And it is because Christ welcomes us, that we welcome you. We all have a story; we all have baggage. And Jesus offers us the chance to hand all of that over to him and walk away free from the lies and hurt that this world
has to offer, and sometimes even throws at us.
So we invite you to join us: to participate in the worship of our God and to be transformed into the image of His son, Jesus.